Sunday, June 22, 2008

Recital!


Dance classes were too inconvenient when I was a child. Not for me. My parents couldn't afford it, and the other excuse was that they'd have to drive into town (20 minutes away) to take me to class. Same story for piano and gymnastics. I missed out on having to wear too much makeup and the horrible sparkly costumes available in the dancewear catalogs.

Of course, as an adult I can afford dance classes (even when I can't really afford them but I do it anyway) and the 20 minute drive isn't the end of the world. I get to put on my drag queen/ballerina hybrid makeup and a much nicer sparkly costume made by hand.

I'm very excited about this recital show on Tuesday night. I have so many friends performing solos, and there's the big group number at the end. It's going to be a fun show.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home