Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to Class

My belly dance teacher, Jamilla, just started up classes again in Hollywood. With my tailbone injury, I haven't been able to do Pilates and I just got the strength in my legs to spin on the pole again. Without a regular fitness class in which I can comfortably participate, I've added a few unwanted pounds to my frame. Belly dance is great for strengthening the lower back without putting direct pressure on my pained areas. I was thrilled to find out she was teaching again and immediately enrolled.

I felt great my first day in class. I've become a better belly dancer over the past two years, and the new choreography is much easier to remember since I know a lot of the basics. There are still a lot of things I can't do (skill wise), but my hands no longer look like flaps or bear claws when I dance. The burlesque has really helped me with my dance presentation. I'm going back next weekend to get even better.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home