Saturday, August 09, 2008

Hootchie Cootchie in Hot Springs?

I grew up in the Bible belt. Sure, there were strip clubs that lined Central Avenue between the bathhouses and the business district, but it was still the Bible belt. We had pretty strict blue laws when I was growing up and there still are a few blue laws in place. Of course, we also had the mafia vacationing there in the 1920s and 1930s.

Anyway, I've gotten some interest from some people in Hot Springs for me to return home to teach a burlesque class and put on a show. We'll see how that develops. I'd have to make enough money from the whole thing to offset the cost of the trip. I'm also not able to make contact with venues and dance studios in person, so they may think I'm some snotty Californian trying to get a deal. Who knows. It is nice to be in demand, though.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home