Friday, August 29, 2008

Uninvolved

I've had a strange experience with our new theatre company. I'm very active on the administrative side of the company, but not so much with production. I was part of our intro show. I helped select the season. I didn't audition for the one acts because I make more money dancing on the nights that the show ran than I would acting. Same story with our current production. The cast of The Tempest is huge, and most of our members are in the show. That's how it was last summer at a different theatre company doing A Midsummer Night's Dream. I didn't have the available time to rehearse for Tempest and I make more money as a dancer so I didn't waste the director's time auditioning.

It's been really strange being uninvolved. I've helped with fundraising and I'm going to help with the build tomorrow and Sunday morning. I'm glad I made the decisions I have, but I still feel strange and a bit disconnected from the group. I guess I'll get over that when we start rehearsing Pin-Up Girls next week.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home