Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Miss You, Too!


I've been busy rehearsing Andrew's show most nights and performing when I'm not rehearsing. With a day job and producer functions for the play, I haven't really had much time to jot down anything.

I've been working harder and smarter on this show than I have on any other show prior (as an actor). I'm doing my research, pondering the circumstances that created my character's personality, spending hours on lines while I hot glue other projects. I'm also working harder in rehearsals. I want the show to be incredible. We have a fantastic cast, so I'm doing everything I can to make sure our ensemble shines. Of course, I'm a bit more tired at the end of a day than usual.

We've been in rehearsal for nearly three weeks but our weeks aren't full weeks since I have shows some nights. The show is shaping up. I can't wait to get the script out of my hands so I have the freedom to do my work. It's a bit of a pain being tied to the page (which is tied to a big binder). There's so much business to do in this show -- makeup, getting dressed, getting undressed, knitting. Maybe I can ditch the script after this weekend.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home