Monday, September 22, 2008

My Placard


There are burlesque shows that I've been to (most shows I've seen) that give me that "I want to do this show" feeling. Shimmy & Shake was one of these shows. The producer books so far in advance that it was several months before she had room on the ticket to book me. I did the show last week on Sunday as a replacement because someone was unable to dance.

It's a silly thing, but one of the things that I love about this show is the placards that are put up for each performer before the performance (just like in Teaseorama and Striporama). There are matching placards posted on the columns in the venue. Vintage pin-up images are selected and tweaked to better match the look of the performers. My poster has this lovely Elvgren pin-up. (Note the big butt.) I was so excited about my placard that I took it home at the end of the night and posted it on my wall above my computer.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home