Saturday, September 06, 2008

Wardrobe: John Mayer Shirt #6


Would you believe I had to make a list to make sure I didn't miss a shirt? Would you also believe that Andrew and I wore the same number of John Mayer shirts since the last time we did laundry?

There's a bit of a story behind this shirt. My pay cycle is strange at work, and part of it is commission based. The day before I flew back to Arkansas, I was expecting a very nice commission. That commission didn't arrive until I hit the icy roads for the Fayetteville show. I was fairly broke when I hit the concert with my small sister so I didn't get myself anything. I got her a scarf. The next day my boss deposited my commission into my bank account so I went hog wild. Of course, I shopped at the Fayetteville show for the exact shirt I wanted and what I would get for Andrew so my stop at the merch booth in Memphis would be fast and efficient.

I took my dad to the Memphis show. I went to my first concert with my dad (and mom and siblings) when I was four. My dad is sixty-something, so I thought this would be a great way to celebrate his birthday that fell a little more than a week after the show. As we waited in the frosty wind outside the venue, I handed my dad my digital recorder to stash and asked him what kind of shirt he wanted. We marched inside, I got my shirt and two long sleeve shirts like my shirt #5 but in blue -- one for Dad and one for Andrew. My dad wears his shirt all the time, using it as a pick-up line for potentially single chicks. In fact, Dad was reading the back of his tour shirt the next morning looking for John Mayer's next stop, wondering if we could make that show.

This is the first shirt I got that had no tag. Instead, it had a printed label marking it as official tour merchandise. It felt so soft and comfy, even before I wore it 100 times.

Labels: , , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home