Sunday, November 30, 2008

New Hair


I've learned some fabulous things about fake hair. Because I have such a short forehead, I have to wear full wigs that have bangs so the hairline looks natural. I'm fortunate to have a head full of thick, healthy hair. I've managed to find a few places that make falls to match my hair, including a gem I found on eBay a few months ago.

A week ago on Friday, I hit the Fashion District Alley with my new burlesque buddy from New York, Sizzle Dizzle. (She and I both studied with Jo Boobs and we have a common friend, so we bonded quickly.) I'd heard legend that there was a store that sold fake hair for cheap down Santee Alley. My first fall cost $35, and I found the same thing in Vegas for $14 so I try to shop around. We entered Santee Alley from the side closest to Michael Levine's. About five shops down on the left we found it. There wasn't the selection like the wig shop in Vegas, but they had full wigs and falls of varying lengths and sizes. I paid $20 for the hair in the photo. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet, but I couldn't pass up the deal.

(The thermal I'm wearing was a Black Friday deal at Old Navy. The graphic looks like the Doodlebug, so I couldn't pass it up.)

* For my German friend, Andrew had Spaten Optimator (the only beer he rates 10 out of 10 buxom frauleins) and I had a radler with some sort of hefeweissen. Andrew selected the beer mixer for me and it was perfect. I even converted a friend to radlers with that beer.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home