Monday, December 22, 2008

Home Life


I was inspired by a John Mayer baking contest to make this cake. It's a cherry chip cake with sour cream frosting. Tastes pretty good.

I haven't done much baking since we moved into this house. Everything I make has to fit into a crock pot or a convection oven. I don't own a microwave any more. There's a gas stove in the house but only the stove top works. The oven has a strange gas fitting so we would have to replace the entire oven, and that's not an expense I'm willing to deal with right now. I can't remember the last time I baked a cake before Sunday.

The theme for the contest was the holidays. I shot a candid photo of Felicity last weekend. I bought her the stupidest looking Santa hat from the store up the street. (She really likes to play with Santa hats.) I put it on her head when she was wrapped in a blanket and was almost asleep. I didn't have any of the awesome cake decorating supplies that I had as a teenager, but I did really well with what I could find in the kitchen.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home