Thursday, January 22, 2009

Domestic Issues

The water in Los Angeles is not good. One of the first things I was told when I moved to town was to drink bottled water. I've been buying $1 water jugs or 25 cent refills for seven years to cover my cooking and drinking needs. I've also been giving the dogs regular faucet water because I didn't have the energy to get two gallons of water for them every day.

Yesterday I broke down and bought a Pur filter for our faucet. I spent more than I expected since the employees at Target put them in the $19.99 slot instead of the $45.99 slot. In the long run, it's going to save me money. The initial expense was just a little shocking.

We installed it last night and promptly tested it with the dogs. After they gave it satisfactory marks (wags), we tasted the water. It's actually pretty good. Now I can go back to drinking from the tap like I did as a kid.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home