Monday, January 26, 2009

Rapid Transformation

I did a photo shoot Thursday night. It was more of a mini-shoot since we were just taking a few pics to accompany an article in a really cool magazine. They just needed one photo, but my friend Chris Beyond went above and beyond (ha!) the call of duty; he shot just under 100 photos.

Anyway, I didn't have a great deal of time to prepare for the shoot because I had errands to run after work. You see me here in a boring sweater I wear to work because I try not to draw attention to myself there. Because it's a 60s-themed magazine, I did big hair -- big fake hair. I pulled most of my hair into a bun on the top of my head and slapped on the half-wig with a little paper to fill out the crown. I threw on more makeup, really concentrating on the thick eyelashes and red lips. I was ready pretty quick because of the fake hair. No wasted time with hot rollers.

I also threw a flower in my hair. Nothing says glamor like a hair flower, right? This flower is courtesy of Split Poizon, a California company that sponsored a couple shows I did this month. Their stuff is really affordable, and they're super nice people.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home