Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hurdles

There are certain hurdles to performing out of town. My first hurdle was actually being accepted to perform at the Boston Burlesque Expo. I didn't even think about how much it would cost me to go when I first applied.

I just jumped my second hurdle - airfare. I usually fly to the South so it doesn't cost that much when I travel. (I say it doesn't cost that much but a flight is still around $250.). I bought flights on Jet Blue this morning for a grand total of $490. That's quite a chunk of change. I know it's a good thing for me to travel, but I thought I'd be able to get a flight for about $350 this far in advance. Oh well.

Next I have to finalize my accommodations. I can stay with a friend, but then I won't have ready access to my room between classes and events. I think the only way I can afford a room is to split it with someone.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home