Thursday, February 05, 2009

Keeping My Fool Mouth Shut

I'm a very trusting person. I'm also a very open person. I tend not to gossip and I try to treat people as I would like to be treated. I'm far from perfect, but I do try.

I find that I've judged some folks too harshly based on what others have said about them. It's one thing to have firsthand experience with a person and disliking them based on that. It's quite another to form a negative opinion based on what another relates. When I actually deal with the people I disliked, I form my own opinion and often find I had no reason to dislike them in the first place. I expect everyone else to be truthful and speak without bias, or at least be overt about their biases.

I'm a bit like my dad. I like helping people and sometimes make offers of help without thinking. I really would benefit from keeping my fool mouth shut. I usually shut my yap and just observe when I'm new to a crowd, area or situation. But when I think I know people, I open my stupid mouth and offer things that I regret. I really need to work on that this year. I also need to use all of my people training so I trust the right people

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home