Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Take Me to the River


We spent a little time at the L.A. River on Saturday. Sam of L.A. Burlesque has some incredible photos of the river folks and transients in Los Angeles. To keep the day adventurous, he took us to the river. These are photos Azul took of that adventure.

You can't tell from this first photo, but there's quite a steep incline down to the level area that's river adjacent. I'm decked out in showgirl clothes, Sketchers and Azul's flasher coat. I had to walk at an angle, use Andrew to support me, and run a hand along the tagged wall to work my way to the level area. It was a lot easier walking up the incline when we were done for the day. When I was a kid, I would've ran down the hill. Of course, I was wearing a lot more glitz than I ever did as a kid.

This second photo is of me and Andrew standing on the opposite side of the wall we had to hop to get to the river. The wall is about chest level for me. I had to have help hopping it both ways. If I was wearing jeans, I would've had an easier time shimmying over the wall.

We were in a place that would've really made my grandmother worry, but it was so incredibly safe. This city is full of stories and interesting places. I'm glad I was able to visit this one.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home