Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another A for the Overachiever!

That's right, folks. I got an A on my Pilates paper. Of course, everyone who turned in a paper that was the appropriate length and had sources got an A. But I'm not going to let that take the wind out of my sails because I learned something while I was working on the paper.

I wrote about Pilates and modeling because, well, I've done a chunk of modeling over the past couple months and, to be totally frank, that shit can hurt. You have to twist to the right position to make the body look as flawless as possible, then hold it for a while once you get there. I found that by stretching and warming up before the photo shoot, I don't hurt as much. I also take stretch breaks where I can between shots. And the Pilates techniques for strengthening and supporting the core make better photos. I recommend models and dancers get into a Pilates class, and I recommend non-performers get into a class so they can strengthen and lengthen their muscles, increase flexibility and improve posture.

Of course, I had to stretch that little paragraph to a couple pages and cite references, but the intent is still the same. Now, go try a Pilates class!

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home