Sunday, March 01, 2009

Becoming a Better Dancer #1

I've decided to undertake steps to become a better dancer. I've been in classes pretty consistently for the past three years. Of course, there's free education available on the internet to be had. I'm going to use this to supplement my classes. My goal is to watch at least one dance performance a week and take something from it that I can incorporate into my own performance. This might be a cleverly placed wink, a dance step or a brilliant freeze. I'm not stealing choreography outright, just getting some inspirado.

The first video I'd like to share with you is "If" by Janet Jackson. I love this song. It's a lot dirtier when you actually listen to the words. I could watch this video every day for a year and pull something new from it.


Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home