Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eight Rehearsals Left

I put together my schedule last night to invite designers and executives to see rehearsals of my play, and I realized I have eight rehearsals left before my two tech rehearsals before opening. The show is in great shape, but I'm running out of time to tinker.

There's something sad about realizing there are only eight rehearsals left: these are our final days together in this circumstance. We'll work with each other again but never in this same circumstance. We'll have four weeks of great shows and a few parties in between to celebrate the accomplishment. After that, everyone will scatter to the four winds. Getting everyone in the same room to have fun is challenging if not impossible after the show ends. I've tried it with other shows; it doesn't happen or it's just not the same.

But in the meantime, I have eight rehearsals to sculpt this into absolute perfection.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home