Friday, May 22, 2009

My First Yoga Class

One of my friends was getting her yoga certification and needed guinea pigs. She's a phenomenal dance teacher so I knew her yoga class would be awesome. Today was her last day to teach to get certified, and today was my first day to actually make it to class. (I bagged work this morning since I'm leaving in a few weeks so reducing my hours is a good idea.)

Twelve hours later and I am still sore. Yoga is different from Pilates. You're still lengthening your muscles and stretching, but it seems have less activity than Pilates. It's still pretty damn intense. I stretched things I didn't know I had. I understand why so many people tout yoga since it requires focus and relaxation. I was ready for a nap immediately after the class.

Of course, I still went to my Pilates class in the afternoon. I think that's part of the reason I'm so sore.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home