Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What Happens Now?

It's been close to two weeks since I gave notice at my day job. I felt great today as I compiled oodles of write-ups of parts of my job. I haven't announced to everyone in the office that I'm leaving; I'm pretty sure my boss has done that. I've also passed over some pieces of my job to the people who should be doing those very things since I went back to school in February.

I find myself at a rather strange crossroads. My workload will decrease over the coming weeks as I continue to turn things over. I've made myself available for temp work through one agency on Thursdays and Fridays, but I don't know that I'll hear anything from them before I'm free for summer. I may be unemployed for a couple weeks for the first time in twelve years. That means no income for a couple weeks ... or more. It's a scary prospect.

I guess I could always spend that time choreographing, building costumes or (gulp) cleaning.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home