Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Snapper Toons

I was very fortunate to get to perform and model for Dr. Sketchy's Anti Art School in Las Vegas this weekend during the Burlesque Hall of Fame Reunion. (Thanks to Cha Cha Velour for having me. What a sweetie!) It was great to perform for new people. I did my Tiki Room dance, then I posed for 20 minutes so I could be sketched and photographed.

We each got to create our own contest for the artists. Since I just finished directing a play about a cartoon artists, I made my contest best comic strip. There were some incredible images. Here's the winner's comic strip:



















She managed to see right into my soul. I love "Lost." (Since my camera is broken, I had to shoot these with my camera phone. The comic is three panels.)

I didn't get to see all of the artwork when I judged the contest. This gem was made by T.J. Rappel of KrusherVision. Wowza. It's incredible. I was two seats away from him at Saturday night's Exotic World competition, and I found out he had the sketch for me to see at his booth. I saw it Sunday morning and fell in love with it, begging him to let me take it. The camera phone photo doesn't do it justice. I can't wait to frame it and put it on my wall.

It was such a joy to participate in Dr. Sketchy's Las Vegas. I really hope I'm invited back next year.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home