Thursday, July 16, 2009

Doom and Gloom

My posts for the past couple months have often been downers. I've moaned and groaned about my job situation and my traffic ticket, bitching about my co-pay incident. I find myself doing a lot of work in my home office. Most of it doesn't pay, but it's good work. So today I'll talk about the good things in my life instead of bitching.
  • I got into New Orleans Burlesque Fest to perform at House of Blues. Still working on making money to go, but I'm very excited about the opportunity to perform somewhere new.
  • On a related note, I've been busy crafting pasties to sell to help offset my cost. I'll post photos online as soon as I can figure out a camera. (My awesome camera broke in May, so I have to find something that will take better pics than my phone.)
  • I'm going to be published on a dating advice website for men, and I'm going to be paid for my article. I'm working on more articles for them in hopes that I can teach men what they need to know and make money at it.
  • Piper just turned twelve. Holly passed away not long after she turned eleven, so we're delighted that Piper is a happy old dog (even if she smells). She jaunts around the yard and barks at the neighborhood still.
  • I'm plugging along at my burlesque website so that I can put it up readily when I have a job to pay for it. I've gotten some great endorsements from producers and fellow performers that I can put on that website to market myself. I'm so flattered by the endorsements I've gotten.
  • My short play, "@twitts," is going to be produced by Theatre Unleashed in coffee shops late this summer. I'm excited about that.
  • I'm finally cleaning my house! My life was so busy before that I didn't have time to do all the cleaning I should have. It's going to be easier for me to stay productive when I have a new job with a clean house.
Things are still good even though I need to make more cash. I've enjoyed the time at home.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home