Thursday, June 11, 2009

As you know, dear reader, I decided to make the jump from my day job of seven plus years into the world of temping. I enjoyed school this spring and have already paid for my fall classes. I'm very busy with the theatre company and my burlesque career, and I try to have some semblance of a normal home life.

Knowing my services weren't needed as much and that I'd tapped out my earning potential at that job, I gave notice over six weeks ago that I was leaving. The people are very nice at that job and they do good things, but it was time for me to mosey. I gave a nice, long runway to my departure so there was plenty of time to train a replacement for the tasks that were still needed.

Last Monday I was offered to continue with this office doing very limited functions for a set pay rate each week. I had intended last week to be my final week and made myself available to temp agencies starting this week. While the money was appealing, I was going to continue just to help them out. One day of pay at this rate was still less than a week full of temp work, even if the hourly rate was higher.

Now that I have work lined up, it's going to be difficult for me to continue to help in the hours I have available. I put in my notice to leave. I want to help as they're good people, but it feels more like an obligation ... or an albatross. I think it will be better for everyone if I just leave completely and move on with my life.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home