Friday, July 10, 2009

Website in the Works

I've had some down time at home lately, so I've been spending it thinking about my upcoming Red Snapper website. I didn't know much about how to put up a website or what to put on it until yesterday. I'm still working out exactly how I want to lay it out and specific content.

I had a website before, a website for me and Andrew and the dogs. I signed up with a service that had prefab templates and would host for $20 a month. I thought it would be good for both of us as artist (acting and writing), but we also had the personal aspect of the dogs. It was too confusing, more difficult to update than I hoped, and expensive with no return on investment.

After that experience, I decided to learn more about websites. I'm scratching out what I need in place so I can have a store to sell apparel, hair flowers and pasties. I'm hunting for endorsements of my product as a dancer. I'm deciding on what content will be static and what content will change regularly. My plan is to have all my website ducks in a row so that when I can pay for the site, all the necessary decisions have been made and they just need to be implemented.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home