Friday, November 27, 2009

Candy Candy Candy

I just closed Landscaping the Den of Saints last weekend and next weekend I take the stage in Holiday Hangover: An Anthology for the Seasonally Affected.  I noticed something interesting backstage from the past three shows I was part of at the Avery Schreiber Theater -- different snacks.

I usually bring some kind of treat to share in the dressing room.  I can't remember what I brought for Pin-Up Girls, but I do remember breaking from my diet to enjoy some individually wrapped chocolate chip cookies and Tootsie Rolls.  For Tracing Sonny, I bought the cast a bucket of meltaway mints in a variety of flavors.  They brought in gummy sharks and restocked every weekend of the run.  I brought a Willy Wonka variety bag twice for Landscaping the Den of Saints that was filled with Nerds, Laffy Taffy and Sweettarts.  We also had Skittles and 100 Grand bars from the writer-director and brownies from the stage manager.  It's been a sugar buffet for every show.

What's rather curious is that no two shows had the same backstage snacks.  I'm excited to see what kind of crap we have for Holiday Hangover.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home