Monday, December 14, 2009

Loafing Time

I have a moment to myself and I'm moving slowly this morning.  It's actually very pleasant to move slowly for a change.  So much has been going on lately that I need the chance to breathe.

We opened the run of Holiday Hangover last weekend for a two-week run before folks left town for the holidays.  I also produced my third burlesque show on my own, and this one went really well.  I danced at a club that was new to me on Tuesday night.  We closed Holiday Hangover Saturday night and had our Theatre Unleashed Christmas party immediately after.  Yesterday was the free class and open house at the dance school where I'm teaching and the "Dexter" season finale.  I'm wiped out after all that activity.

On the job front, some temp work at the place I love dropped in my lap for the holidays and it was an opportunity too good to pass up.  The job I took in November hasn't turned out as I expected, and I'm officially done there Wednesday.  I had to spend more than a week there to see if it would work or not.  Taking on a new job is a lot like dating.  It wasn't the love connection I expected.

We still haven't shot our Christmas card because we've been so busy.  Those will probably hit mailboxes in early 2010.  We're trying to recover from the busy year and plan for the next.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home