Friday, May 07, 2010

Putting One Foot in Front of the Other

It's confession time.  I often feel overwhelmed.  Of course, I am overwhelmed.  I take on too many projects because I like helping people, someone has to take care of things, I'm really passionate about it, I don't want to get bored, blah blah blah.  I can't complain about the wonderful opportunities that have come my way, but I still feel overwhelmed in many areas of my life.  I make to-do lists, and I find there are things I've left off the lists when I start marking off what I've done.  On top of it all, I don't feel like I'm allowed to take breaks.  It's like I think the world is going to end if I take a nap or spend an entire day not answering emails.  It's pretty ridiculous.

Most of my activities are of my own choosing.  I have preparation for my video application for New Orleans Burlesque Festival because I absolutely loved being there last year.  I'm performing in the Hollywood Fringe Festival in "The Wrong Show."  I'll need to find a new venue for my own burlesque show for the last two shows this year since TU can't afford to keep the space, but I really want to keep doing my show.  I'm going to Texas in two weeks.  I've been accepted to perform in the Colorado Burlesque Festival in July.  I'm not spending tons of money on new numbers, but I'm trying to stay challenged by using what I have to dance to different music for themed shows.  I decide to do these things, and I know all too well that there's stress attached to each and every one of them.  I just need to figure out how to stay challenged yet stay on top of things so I don't feel as overwhelmed all the time.

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home