Thursday, August 12, 2010

Donate!

I haven't really done much fundraising in my life.  I sold Girl Scout cookies as a kid, did the March of Dimes read-a-thon in elementary school, and I asked for some donations for Theatre Unleashed during our first season.  I don't hit people up all the time to help me raise money for some cause or other.  I've proven myself far better at donating to causes, like AIDS projects, breast cancer, scouts and zoos.

My breast cast goes on the auction block next Saturday.  I have until then to raise $1000 if I want to bring it home with me.  I love the cast and the artwork by Ken Ruzic is amazing, but my drive here is to raise money for Keep-A-Breast Foundation.  This is from their website:

The Keep A Breast Foundation™ is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to help eradicate breast cancer by exposing young people to methods of prevention, early detection and support. Through art events, educational programs and fundraising efforts, we seek to increase breast cancer awareness among young people so they are better equipped to make choices and develop habits that will benefit their long-term health and well-being.
It's a very hip organization and I love what they do.  I need your help to make this fundraising goal because Keep-A-Breast is awesome.  You can donate to my cast here.  Every donation counts, even if it's a few bucks.  Heck, if you want to place a bid over $1000 so you can take my breast cast home for your own mantle then that's great!  Everything donated on my fundraising page goes directly to Keep-A-Breast.  If I raise enough to bring it home, I'll mail everyone who donated a photo of me with the cast.  Help me raise money for this great organization via my boobs. :)

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home