Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Eighth John Mayer Concert!

I'm totally behind in posting about this experience.  I saw this show at Staples Center on March 25, 2010.

Here's my most important memory of that concert:

John Mayer Day is a holiday in our household.  It's all geared toward a celebration of music and having a good time.  We were in our eh seats between the opening act and the main event when seated guy (henceforth known as Douchebag, or DB for short) bumped Beer Guy who was walking down the stairs, turning one of beer guy's plastic cups of domestic draft into a waterfall down the stairs.  I watched it sadly run past six or eight aisles before it rolled off the edge of the seating area.  DB and Beer Guy exchanged a few words, Beer Guy disappointed and DB refusing to take responsibility for what he'd done.  This upset me greatly.  Sure, Beer Guy had terrible taste in beer, but it was John Mayer Day.  Because of DB's actions, Beer Guy was at risk of spending the entire concert frustrated about DB and the beer incident instead of enjoying the show with his lady friend.  I could see he was irritated.  Andrew could see that I was distressed about it.

Andrew marched over to Beer Guy and offered to buy him a replacement beer because no one should suffer on John Mayer Day.  Andrew fetched Beer Guy another domestic brew, they toasted John Mayer Day, and Beer Guy was all smiles.  Things were finally right with the world again.

After the concert (amazing, as per usual), we passed a street musician playing guitar outside the venue.  Andrew dropped $7 in his case and we strolled down the street.  He explained to me that Beer Guy gave him his last $7 toward the cost of the replacement beer, insisting that he take it.  We didn't have cash on hand when we passed the street musician on the way in, so this provided him with the folding money he needed to tip the busker.  No one should suffer on John Mayer Day.

It was nice being able to take public transportation to the show, and it was my first time to go to Staples Center.  I wish I had better seats but now I know a guy who can help me with that next time. :)

Labels: ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home