Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shelter From the Storm

This year has been insane with life changes. It reminds me of February 2006 and all its craziness. Of course, something good always come of it.

We're still getting used to having one dog. I think Felicity looks for Pipey outside our yard at times. We keep looking for a new dog that will fit our family. We even brought home a pup, but she was so nervous that she made Felicity tremble. Andrew said she had nervous quivers on the ride home & she had nervous poops when we were in line at the pet store getting her a collar. It was a bad sign that she collapsed on the dirt outside the pet store and refused to move. We took her back and continue our search.

I had a couple wisdom teeth removed three weeks ago. I went to USC dental school and they did a great job. Of course, my jaw is still sore at times when I eat bread. I should return in late winter to get the other two removed.

I'm leaving the theatre company I helped found, the one I urged Andrew to start after our past experience in a theatre company. I've already stepped down from management. I think the company could thrive if it dropped dues and pushed for personal responsibility. Andrew wrote up an entire plan to do away with dues and get more aggressive with fundraising, and the other executives didn't feel its discussion was a priority. The last two executive meetings I attended felt like interventions with more finger pointing and yelling than I need in my life right now. I care greatly about the members, but we already established that I'm not going to donate my time, money and energies to be yelled at and punished for not being "involved enough." I hope our departure beings about some positive changes for them.

I'm taking a couple college classes. I'm doing okay in my law & media class with the ol' grades, but I'm learning a lot from the book and the guest speakers (entertainment lawyers). I'm also taking a dance history and appreciation class, which is filling in gaps in my understanding of the evolution of dance. It's been great.

With the big changes this year, I'm able to stay grounded because of my career and my home life. It's a blessing to be able to dance and teach - doing something I love and getting paid for it. And my little cave of seclusion with Andrew and Felicity helps keep me on track. I have some great friends and family who support my choices, and I'm grateful.

Now, it's about time for something really awesome to happen.

I'm waiting. :)

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home