Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Next Step

I've spent the past several months wanting to take my dance career to the next level, but I wasn't sure what that next level was exactly. It's hard to draw a path to your goals when you don't know what those goals are.

Andrew spent some time talking goals and plans with me after he covered them in his film business class. I spent lots of time thinking about what I want and where I want to be in five years. Frustrating and time consuming, the stress from thinking and planning led to a sense of peace and power. I'm no longer going where the wind takes me. I have doable goals for the next five years, goals that will bring me career success and leave time for the all-important home life.

I've spent my holiday weekend making pasties for my shows in two states in the first two months of 2011. I'm also teaching on my own in January. It's going to be a very good year.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home