Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Newest Challenge

I have two big challenges for this year.  (One of my special skills is counting things.  Okay, that's a joke from an acting resume Andrew and I once read, but it still plays well.)  First challenge: take 100 dance classes.  I just finished class #35 last weekend so I have a long way to go.  Second challenge: get through my Rosetta Stone French course.

You see, the things we do today have to contribute to where, what and who we want to be tomorrow.  I want to perform in France.  It only makes sense that I would be able to speak enough French to manage myself as a business person when I do that.  For me to negotiate those gigs two years from now, I need to learn French now.  So Andrew and I bought the entire Rosetta Stone French package.

Andrew was dreadful with French in college.  (Sorry, honey, you totally were.)  With this software, he's understanding the material and making progress.  What's especially cool is that he enjoys doing it.  He's keeping up with me pretty well.

I don't know that I'll get through everything by Christmas, but I'm going to try my damnedest.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Labels:

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home